Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal seeks a creative and motivated Outreach Coordinator (full-time) in her Seattle District Office to implement a strong constituency-based outreach program in the 7th Congressional District. This position will help build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and work to address local issues on the federal level.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Demonstrated record of advocating for progressive values
- Knowledge of issues and events in the district in which the Congresswoman has been involved as well as a good understanding of federal-level policy work
- Understanding of the federal legislative process as well as federal agencies and departments
- Previous experience working for an elected official or as an issue/community organizer
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others
- Excellent organizational skills and careful attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and irregular hours
- Ability to speak other languages (optional)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the representative for the Congresswoman within their area of responsibility including answering correspondence, occasionally speaking at events, meeting with constituents, and communicating with local stakeholders
- Inform the Outreach & Grants Director of all happenings in their assigned issue areas by screening district media sources and interacting with constituents
- Coordinate and organize meetings and events with local stakeholders in their assigned issue areas for the Congresswoman
- Act as a liaison to local, state, and federal officials and other persons or groups to form effective relationships for the Congresswoman
- Work with other district and DC staff to identify and promote the Congresswoman’s legislative agenda
- Track legislation, Dear Colleague Letters, and other developments in his or her assigned issue areas and use this information to keep constituencies apprised and connected to the Congresswoman’s work.
Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, new Americans, people with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary is a minimum of $62,000 – $65,000 and will depend on experience. The benefits include student loan repayment plans and strong health care, dental, vision and retirement plans. Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your full name and “Outreach Coordinator” in the subject line. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. No calls or drop-ins, please.